Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Tip Tuesday #2 - Shadow Stamping

This is a nifty little trick I use to create depth on my stamped images without too much trouble.

What I did was ink up the sentiment with black ink and stamp it on the card stock and without re-inking I shift the stamp just slightly and re-stamp. The second generation stamp leave the perfect shadow!! I just love this affect, its so simple and you don't waste any ink!!!

Here is a little Thank You Card I made and did the "Thank You" using the Shadow Stamping technique.

Enjoy!


Don't forget to enter my Stamp of the Month giveaway for this month! Check out the details here.

{Supplies}
Paper - Unknown
Ink - Tim Holtz's Weathered Word Distress Ink, Black (CTMH)
Stamps - Flourishes (Basic Grey), Sentiment (CTMH)
Misc - Ribbon, Brads (Joann's)

3 comments:

Stay Funny said...

That's really a cool technique!
Enjoy your week Katie!

Marie said...

I love the idea of Tip Tuesdays and will certainly be checking back. Nice card!

Kataroo said...

great tip :)