Monday, December 06, 2010

Reverb 10 | Prompt 1 | One Word

Prompt 1 - One Word

"December 1 – One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you? (Author: Gwen Bell)"

Just one word... I have found this quite challenging since I feel like my life this year was pulled in many directions. I ended one career and started a new one; I moved apartments; I became a student once again and completed a certificate in a field completely different than what I took in university and I branched out to discover the new me.

When I think about all the milestones I have reached in 2010 and the word "Transformation" pops into my head.

I believe transformation has acted both good and bad in my life in the last 12 months. Although my over all opinion would be deeply positive. I feel I have transformed to a person who is aware of the journey I have ahead of me to learn about the new me, the new me who has complete control of how I feel hour by hour. I am responsible for the good and the bad in my life and that is okay, life is what it is and I choose how I feel about it. I have transformed from women who must know all the answers to a women who is excited to see what's next and how I can learn more.

Now that I have conquered my word for 2010 and have reflected what these past 12 months have meant to me I now look forward and create what I want for the next 12 months. Now it gets exciting!!!

I have a positive outlook for the new year but I feel with all the change in 2010 I would love to have a year of balance and happiness. I want to enjoy the small things in life and be grateful for what I have around me.

I have chosen my word to be: Rejuvenation

I want to rejuvenate by health and my body, I was to bring life back to my friendships and relationships I have not paid enough attention to over the year. I have spent the past year focusing on me and my career goals and I think I need to rejuvenate the areas in my life I have been neglecting.



No comments: