Monday, December 06, 2010

Reverb 10 | Prompt 2 | Writing

December 2 - Writing

"What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?
(Author: Leo Babauta)"

I do a lot of things that do not contribute to my writing... I have never considered myself a writer or a person who has a way with the English language. I have a degree in mechanical engineering and I haven't written an essay since Grade 8. I do not go out of my way to sit down and write, it has never been a part of who I am. But I believe there is always an opportunity to learn and grow and that is what this blog is for me. With each post I will practice putting my thoughts into word and over 2011 I know I will see an improvement.

So to answer the question... what do I do each day that does not contribute to my writing? EVERYTHING!!! But what I can feel I can eliminate is TV. I can easily exchange an hour of time in front of the tube to sit and share my thoughts.

I am making a commitment to trade in one TV hour for one hour of writing each day for the month of December.

1 comment:

Tia Sparkles Singh said...

I actually left this question out as I didn't have an answer for it, so I'm impressed that you found it easy to answer :) I'm with you on the TV although sometimes it's nice to have a break from thinking & just vegging is the way to go! Fantastic commitment though, way to go Katie! Tia #reverb10