Sunday, December 12, 2010

Reverb 10 | Prompt 9 | Party

December 9 - Party

"Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans. (Author: Shauna Reid)"

Being an event planner you would think I would have a long list of parties that rocked my world in 2010 but the reality I am usually "behind the scenes". This is usually where I prefer to be anyways, so don't feel sorry for me! :)

But one event that I was able to be the "guest" and really represents the full transition I made from engineer to corporate event planner in the city. This was the Film Festival party held at Kultura in Toronto. It was the end event for the 2 days client event I did at for work. I worked hard for months to assist on this large annual event and was up for hours on the days of the event. Then on the Friday night myself and the fellow event planner had a hair and makeup artist meet us at our hotel to get us all dolled up! We both had purchased brand new dresses and shoes. After about 2.5 hours we were ready to meet the other girls and head out to the party to meet the rest of the company and guests.


It was the first time in months I was able to just relax, have all expenses paid night out and get to know my fellow co workers. It was a blast and I night I will never forget.


No comments: