Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Reverb 10 | Prompt 4 | Wonder

December 4 - Wonder

"How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year? (Author: Jeffrey Davis)"

My drive to travel and see new places feeds my sense of wonder. I have found it hard over the year to kept my sense of wonder alive once I settled into the routine of a full time job. I started to believe that wonder does not exist if routine is present. I am taking on the challenge for 2011 to have a life that is balanced and structured but is still a life that is full of wonder.

Traveling is not just about getting on a plane and going somewhere far far away. Traveling can exist in your own backyard. You must stop taken the simply things in life for granted you never know what you might miss. I choose to be a tourist in my city of Toronto for the year of 2011! That is how i will cultivate a sense of wonder.

1 comment:

WTCobb said...

Great point about not needing to hop on a plane to travel! My "wonder" post was very similar, discussing my various excursions this past year. But there's plenty we can find right in our own backyards.